Welcome to Awakening The Arts Through Visual Art!
Each week we will provide you with an in depth unit of lesson plans to stay actively engaged in the arts from home. These exercises are simple to follow and include examples and resources for youth to complete. We hope that you enjoy creating and learning by utilizing our lesson plan guide. Please keep us in the loop and share your awesome work with us on social media @ltycarts!
Introducing ART Now, a program brought to you by LTYC LEARN. Each week, LTYC will continue to deliver a virtual arts lesson in one of our offered contents for you to experience in the comfort of your own home. ART Now adjoins perfectly with our sharing season celebration and serves as LTYCs virtual response to ensure that students and artists can participate in arts learning anywhere, and at any time. Through arts tutoring, virtual classes, webinars and more, the Performing and Creative arts can always be right in the palm of your hands. It is one of the many new programs that will be introduced in the coming months as part of LTYCs newest initiative, LTYC LEARN.
Arts Education Packets by Grade Level
The Arts At Home Web Booklet
The Arts At Home web booklet includes vital information and special activities to help you and your students stay healthy, productive, and engaged in the arts while schooling at home. In it you will find informational pages, printable resources like daily schedule templates, at-home art lessons, and more.
LTYC's Response to COVID-19
- Donate to the Arts Leaders of Color Emergency Fund
- Apply for Funds from the Emergency Fund
- Americans for the Arts Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource and Response Center
- Americans for the Arts blog post about how the arts & culture sector can prepare for COVID-19 in the U.S.
- ArtsReady newsletter with preparation resources
- Article about moving your teaching practice online, if necessary.
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response
- Teaching Artist COVID-19 Community Conversation, Webinar Recording | Association of Teaching Artists, Teaching Artists of the Mid-Atlantic