When is camp?
- Camp is held in weekly sessions from 7/12 to 8/13
- Campers will participate in a mix of live and recorded sessions. They will also have access to camp materials throughout the week, so they can create, watch content, and collaborate with fellow campers.
How much does camp cost?
- Weekly tuition is $50, including a $10 non-refundable application fee. Financial aid packages are available for all who need them. LTYC is committed to making camp financially accessible to all.
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the registration process?
- To register for camp, you’ll fill out an online registration form. Applications are open until June 30, 2021.
- LTYC accepts campers on a first-come-first-served basis. We try to evenly accept campers from across the age range (8-13) and skill level (from novice to expert).
- This registration is for campers and families comfortable completing these forms in English. If you need help completing the application, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Once registration is completed, you will receive additional information and steps regarding how to access your classes and any applicable materials needed for the classes.
What technology do campers need?
To be able to participate in the camp, campers will need:
A computer, tablet, or phone that can connect to the internet that the camper can use between 9-4 on camp days. Please note: A mobile phone will not allow campers to engage fully in the program.
An internet connection with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps. Run a test of your connection speed here.
All camp activities will be browser-based (meaning campers won’t have to download other programs or apps). Campers will receive passwords and unique logins to access camp materials and sessions.
If you do not have access to either a device or wifi, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re committed to making camp accessible to all.
What online safety precautions are being taken?
- All camp activities will be conducted in a browser, meaning campers won’t have to download other programs or apps. The websites and online tools used for the camp comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Campers will receive passwords and unique logins to access camp materials and sessions. No one aside from campers, counselors, and guardians will be able to access these materials.
- Trained instructors will be present in all live sessions to ensure camper safety, and they will monitor material that is shared by campers on the camp webpages.
- All campers, instructors, and counselors will sign a safety and security agreement before beginning camp that outlines prohibited activities related to data use, social media, and technology use.
- Campers will have access to on-demand tech support during camp should they encounter an issue. They’ll also have access to on-demand counselors, whenever they need to talk to someone.
I'm concerned about my camper's age; will this be fun for them online?
- We’ve designed our online camp program to be easy to navigate and engage in for even young campers. Guardians may want to help young campers get set up and logged into the camp webpages, but once there, young campers should be able to engage in classes, workshops, assemblies, and trips independently and with ease.
- Camp activities are tailored to our three camper age groups: Young S.T.A.R.S. (8-10 years) and Rising S.T.A.R.S. (11-13 years). Campers are divided into these two groups so that campers receive the support and guidance they need.